Over 90,000 National Pool Lifeguard Qualifications are awarded each year across the UK and Ireland, and Generation 9 of the Award is recognised as the Gold Standard for Swimming Pool Lifeguards.
This Qualification covers:
- Lifeguarding Theory
- Pool Rescue Techniques
- First Aid and CPR & AED.
Additional spinal injury rescue modules are also available covering use of the Aquaboard and the latest Pool Extraction Board (PXB).
First Aid qualifications are often incorporated into our courses too making this a truly comprehensive rescue award.
- FIRST UK Lifeguarding Qualification to meet the NEW CIMSPA Professional Standard
- AED basic training and assessment now included in every qualification
- First Aid content now mirrors the content of a First Aid at Work qualification
- NEW anaphylaxis management available as a bolt-on regulated qualification
- More flexible assessment options and new assessment strategy with multiple choice questions for theory assessment
- Electronic candidate manual option enabling candidates to use a tablet or laptop on the course.
- NEW electronic certificates
- Integration of information about technology systems to support Lifeguards working in swimming pools that use technology
National Pool Lifeguard Qualification including EFAW and either Rescue Board or PXB: 36 hours
Independent Assessment: 2.5 hours
Automated External Defibrillation (AED) +1.5 hours
Courses which include Rescue Board & PXB +2 hours
Assessment is by the trainer throughout the course along with an independent assessment at the end of the course.
On successful completion Lifeguard Certification is valid for 2 years
First Aid certification is valid for 3 years.
Our candidate packs include a full colour course manual, faceshield key ring and first aid themed pen!
Candidates may undertake training from 15 years of age, but must be at least 16 years old at the time of taking the NPLQ assessment.
Candidates must be able to:
- Jump / dive into deep water
- Swim 50 metres in less than 60 seconds
- Swim 100 metres continuously on front and back in deep water
- Tread water for 30 seconds
- Surface dive to the floor of the pool
- Climb out unaided without ladder / steps and where the pool design permits
If you already hold a First Aid qualification, have another water rescue qualification or are a Lifeguard in another discipline, you may be accredited with prior learning hours.
Please contact us for further information
We run a number of open courses at various locations throughout the year!
We'll come to you! Contact us today with your location and numbers being trained and we'll come back to you with a quotation as soon as we can